CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ring of Fire

A view of the fire from a park near my home.
It's that time of year again when the dry climate and Santa Ana winds make for a heated battle. The first year we were here, in 2003, the fires were so bad that ashes were falling like snow in our valley. Last year we had members of our ward evacuated from their homes. I think our valley has practically been encircled by fire throughout these last few years

7 comments:

Magic Marker said...

Scary to be having those kind of natural disasters happening frequently....do they ever get close to your home?

Stephanie said...

It is probably awful to smell all the smoke as well. Good Luck!

ker said...

We were in CA last October when the fires were bad. Infact, we got stuck on the freeway with a fire right before our eyes. Our beach pictures are so hazy it's depressing. I hope all is well with you & your family. Good luck!

Rebecca said...

That's the view toward my house. I don't think it's been as smoky as last year, but then the fires are smaller.

Erin said...

Oh my, that is so scary! I call my parents a lot during this season to check on how they are doing. We will keep you all in our prayers

Gina woodhouse said...

Great photo! I wish I had taken a couple. That seems to be our usual view whenever there's a fire off the I-14.

Gina woodhouse said...

Actually, I'm going to borrow your photo for my blog (if you don't mind). I wanted to post about the fire and crazy weather and never got to it. Is that okay to use your photo?