CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

LDS Prom

Last night was the LDS Prom held at the Museum of Science and Industry in Los Angeles which Randy and I chaperoned at. They had a Hollywood theme with a red carpet leading into the building, someone interviewing the kids like they were movie stars, and limousine rides, just to name a few. I think the kids had a lot of fun, but can I just say that I feel soooo OLD! I was tired before we even got there which was shortly after 8:00. Then when we walked in and heard the music blaring I wanted to go right back outside. For the rest of night we stayed as far away from the music as we could. It was fun getting dressed up, but it was a rather cold evening and I ended up wearing Randy's suit jacket most of the night. And you'd never know that my hair had once been curly. I guess waiting outside for over an hour on a balmy evening waiting for your transportation will do that.

Here we are in our finest. FYI, this is not our living room, but that of Bill and Janel Schultz who babysat the girls. Here we are inside the stretch Hummer

6 comments:

lovell said...

JoElle-
You look so pretty. Sound like you had a good time. It reminds me of back in the days. That's awesome you got to ride in a hummer.

Sherry said...

haha I laughed when you said you were tired when you got there! You guys look amazing! I've never been in a limo before! lucky lady

Stephanie said...

That is so fun! You look great!

Ms. Bananie said...

Wow! What a fun date night! You two lovebirds look like celebrities! (& so true, there's nothing like a bunch of YM & YW to make you feel reeeeally old! That's why I love Primary!)

Kati said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!
Glad you had a fun night out with your love. It doesn't happen enough with kids, huh?

Kath said...

How fun! I love getting all dressed up to go somewhere fun...and it rarely happens at our stage in life! You look great, by the way.