CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daddy Daughter Day

Or I could say a day off for mom! Randy had the girls ALL day. I had the Relief Society Broadcast at 5:00 and a baby shower at 11:30 already scheduled, so I decided to give myself the whole day off. Randy gave me a four visit spa package for mothers day which expires in a month, so I made an appointment for visit number three...a microderm facial. I spent the rest of the time getting things on my to-do list marked off. It is amazing how much you can do when you don't have to worry about getting kids in and out of carseats, and in and out of strollers and all the other hassles.

Shortly after 8:00 am: Left the house. Decided to check out a garage sale which was down the street. Didn't find anything.

I arrive at Kohls at about 8:30, so I have a good hour and a half to shop without having to deal with hard-to-handle girls. (They don't like to be strapped in the stroller longer than ten minutes unless we are in constant motion). The other day I realized I had not bought a new pair of jeans since long before the girls were born, so I was determined to find some today, which I did. Yea! I also scored with getting a pair of 26.00 sunglasses for $4.42. Hopefully I'll have these sunglasses longer than a month. The girls, when I forget to put my purse on top of the fridge, always go for the sunglasses first and they just can't seem to open them without snapping them in pieces. I love getting good deals. They had these early bird specials, plus I had a coupon for an extra 15% off, then I got $20 in Kohls cash. Now I can go back, to the new store opening on Wednesday, and get more good deals. :)

10:15: Facial.
After my facial, while I'm in that part of town, I have to run to the post office to send a package and stop at JoAnns to pick up supplies for our relief society's Fabulous Friday. Thank goodness for the self post thingie or I would've been in line at the post office for forever. They only have two of what I need at JoAnns...grrrrr!

11:50: Arrive at baby shower where I relax, chat with the girls, and eat yummy food. After the shower I'm off to Beverly's to pick up what they didn't have at JoAnns and luckily they are well stocked. While I was at Beverly's I saw this cute husband, probably in his late fifties, shopping with his wife. He pushed the cart piled high with fabric and other crafty stuff while his wife commented on what she was planning to do with it all. I thought it was cute. I'm off to Payless shoes after making my purchase at Beverly's. I'm there to look for shoes for the girls, but instead find a pair of shoes for me.

After Payless I have a decision to make...do I go to Costco? I try avoid Costco on Saturday's at all costs, but because I'm only picking up one thing, decide I might as well do it today.

I guess it's about 3:00 when I make it to Scrapbooking Made Simple. I've only been there a few times, but I love it! They have I think every imaginable di-cut for your use at no cost if you bring your own paper. I don't really scrapbook anymore, but di-cuts are fun for kids to do things with, so I'm just turning all my scraps into something cute and useful. This place is full of chatting women working on all kinds of projects and it's always stocked with FREE bottles of water, and all kinds of snacks. I resist all the tempting treats, but am grateful for the water.

At 5:00 I make it on over to the church for the broadcast. After the broadcast we have a dinner of yummy soups, salad, rolls and sherbet for dessert. At 7:30 there's several of us girls who are hanging about not quite sure we want to go home just yet. I decide it's been a long enough day and I make it home in time to help put my girls to bed. And now it's time for me to go to bed. :)

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow what a great day! Very much deserved!

Ashley Bogard said...

Funny how much you can get done without little ones. I love spa days too, every girl needs one of those now and then. Wish you could have been here for the blessing, it was a beautiful day.

The Fast Family said...

I love days like that. How fun.

Camille said...

Glad you had a great day!!! I know you were looking forward to it!!!

lovell said...

Good for you JoElle. You deserve a fun day out without any kids. I'm always a better mom after I get some time to myself

Christy said...

Oh what a good hubbie. Those kind of days are the best. I always feel like I have accomplished so much.

K.D. and Megan said...

Hey JoElle I found your blog. You have such a cute family. Its been a long time since I have seen you. You look great. Hope everything is going well for you.
Megan Jackman Roach

Magic Marker said...

Glad that you enjoyed your day off:)

Ms. Bananie said...

That day sounds divine. (I'm starting to skip JoAnns altogether now & go straight to Beverly's for the same problem you had!)
Viva La Ladies Night! : D