CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Keira and Allyse!

I've been a little slow getting the pictures from the camera so I'm now just getting around to writing about the girls birthday. We had a small get together for the girls on Friday night. We had Aurora, Allegra, and Carrie Lisonbee, Carly and Kalei (the Woodhouse twins), their mom and dad Gina and Keith (can I call him that? He'll always be bishop!), and Bill and Janel Schultz...our adopted family. The girls still haven't grasped the joy of opening presents, so it's a good thing we had Aurora there to help them out. It was so fun to watch Aurora as she "ooohed" and "ahhhed", where the girls were like "hmmm, that's nice." Maybe after finding their "big" present before the party even started was enough to make them happy. I found back-packs with wheels on them and I didn't quite know how to wrap them, so I ended up just hiding them upstairs under a blanket. They don't go upstairs unless Randy or I do, so I thought they would be safe. But as I was doing some last minute things on the computer, they slipped past and found them. I should have put them in my closet!
Aurora is ready. She knows what birthdays are all about...the cake!
The girls love books, so I did my best at making a cake look like an open book. It's definitely not going to make the cover of Martha Stewart Magazine, but if nothing else, it didn't taste too bad. Keira eating it up.
Allyse is a "just frosting" girl.


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

They grow up way to fast yeah? My girls were always frosting eaters too. Your girls are so dang cute!

Sherry said...

The cake is so cute!

Magic Marker said...

What a cute cake JoElle! I can't believe how fast your cute little girls are growing up:)

Erin said...

I love the cake... you did a great job! So cute! They are getting so big!

lovell said...

Happy birthday cute girls!!