CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Earthquake Follow Up

The girls and I were sitting on the couch reading a book when the earthquake happened. They didn't know what was happening and when I pulled them closer to me, Allyse was squirming and saying "wet (let) go", which is one of their favorite sayings right now. I kept watching the book shelves and the dish cupboard, which I had left open, waiting for stuff to start falling off. The dining room light was swinging back and forth and the filing cabinet made the most noise, but the only thing I found out of place was one of the computer speakers...which happened to be on top of the filing cabinet. The thought of something bigger coming later was what I was most afraid of, but so far so good.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I KNOW EARTHQUAKES ARE SCARY! I GOT TO EXPERIENCE ONE WHEN I WAS A CHILD AND LIVED IN CASTLE DALE. IT WAS ABOUT THE SAME A FEW THINGS FELL OFF THE WALL AND THE MORTER ON THE BRICK OF OUR HOUSE WAS CRACKED ALL OVER I TO DREAD THE BIG ONE THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE WE NOW HAVE CHILDREN WE HAVE TO PROTECT. I AM GLAD ALL IS WELL FOR YOU!

megan said...

This was the strongest one I've ever felt, too. Afterwards the kids kept asking questions like, "What if it shook so hard the walls fall down?" or "what if there's a huge crack in the road and we drive into it?"
They are always interested in the worst case scenario.

Erin said...

So scary!

I'm so glad you guys are alright!